Monday, September 19, 2011

LBC: Breath

Welcome to the Loose Bloggers Consortium, where Akanksha, Anu, Ashok, Conrad, Delirious, gaelikaa, Grannymar, Ordinary Joe, Magpie11, Maria the Silver Fox, Nema, Rohit, Padmum, Paul, Ramana Sir, Will knot, and I write on the same topic. Please visit the other blogs to get seventeen different flavours of the same topic. Today’s topic has been chosen by Padmini.
 
To be completely honest I wasn't going to post this week. I didn't have any decent idea for a post though Rohit and I discussed it thoroughly. I then decided I'd share a bit of lyrics to a song I love called Breathe
 Breathe... just breathe
Oh breathe, just breathe
 

That part of the song is the relevant bit to this week's topic. That's not what I mean to say though. I shall stray away from the topic, and I apologize for that. Here's the part of the song that gets to me:

 If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you'll use them, however you want to

It's just that those words are becoming truer everyday to me. That's why I have trouble writing on my blog here, or sharing things. It feels as if you're see-through. Letting people in like that. The real you. The thoughts in your head. My words would scream for compassion, sympathy, love, care, attention and comfort. I can't ask for any of that out loud. I don't want to. No scratch that. I can't actually.

So what do you do?
You take a deep breath.
Watch life moving on.
Learn that you have to keep calm, move on and struggle to live. That's what people do. They get by. I get by, too.
 

4 comments:

Grannymar said...

Just take one step.
One step leads to another
and slowly to another.
Then just like a very small child the journey will begin.

Noor said...

@Grannymar Yes, exactly. Thank you. :)

Rummuser said...

The mistake Noor is in thinking that I am breathing. That implies that I am living. If I shift the focus and say that my life is being lived and I am just witnessing it, all confusion disappears.

Anonymous said...

yes, we just get by.

I'm not sure, but I guess that there's actually something in your chest that you need to get out. Your latest posts speak of it ..

Writing helps, but it usually leaves one undone, in a weird sort.

What I can suggest is, try to meet someone new; someone who's older than you, and who might have the sort of experience that would contain your worries. Away from the online world ..

I have tried it myself, and believe me, it worked :)

Stay safe,