Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Summer Readings

Well, it's the summer. It's been here for quite a while, you see here we have summer more than 3 months, like in other countries. Anyways, so it's pretty hot. I mean imagine yourself in the examination room, 2 ACs working, and 2 fans, and still the class is so hot. The thing that gets us by is being very much engrossed in the exam paper.
So today I think I drank like more than 2 big bottles of water, it's still 9:30 pm and I think I'll drink as much in the few hours to come.
Seriously, I've been drinking water like a maniac, but it's only water right? No harm can be done. Except that I drink a lot when I am eating, which is a bad habit by the way.
But it's very much inherited, my dad drinks lots of water too.

Ok, so I'm pretty jobless, should have been doing something useful today, but exams have been a drag and since there's only one left, today is just to lazy and goof around, which I have successfully done. Had a nap from 1 pm till 5:30pm. Woke up annoyed, not because of the fact that the day is wasted, but because I missed half of the tv program I watch at 5pm. Then I'm blogging about drinking too much water. I'm not such a hopeless case you see. It's life that's making me so.

It's all about to change since summer is coming. After Saturday, I'll be all happy and free as a birdie.
I wanna make this post a bit useful so here's what I'm planning to read this summer:

The Runaway Jury- John Grisham

The devil wears Prada - Lauren Weisberger

Playing for Pizza - John grisham

A thousand splendid suns - Khalid Hosseini

For one more day - Mitch Albom

The other Boleyn Girl - Philippa Gregory

One hundred years of solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Love at the times of cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

There are a few others but that's what I think should be definitely read. Any suggestions?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

one hundred years of solitude ...Gosh..can't comment further

Noor said...

Thank you anonymous for commenting. I received really great reviews, like yours, on 100 years of solitude so I am really eager to read it.
:)

Unknown said...

Habibti, drinking water is REALLY good! lol I've always struggled with drinking more of it, so considered yourself blessed, it is a really healthy habit :).

And I see that you've latin-ized yourself! :P Garcia Marquez rulz!*

Anonymous said...

ah nseet ..how about the alchemist or desert flower ..both of them are really good :D

Noor said...

Thanks a bunch Vic for the comment, it's ur effect ;)


And thanks again for the comment anonymous, I've read The Alchemist and I consider it to be one of my favourite books. I haven't read Desert Flower though, I'll try to read it then. Thanks!! :D

Anonymous said...

you most welcome!