Sunday, January 25, 2009

School Homeworks!

I've been writing some papers for a school subject that I don't like but am forced to take. Anyhow, they told us to write about our hobbies and what interests us in life. I wrote one in English and one in Arabic and I'll post them here for you to see how different it is to be writing something for school and to be writing for one's self.
Here we go, this is the 1st:

It is said that reading is the food of the soul. I happen to believe that strongly. I love to read! I feel as if there's a whole new world when I read, filled with mystery and excitement. I feel that anything and everything could happen while I read. It's wonderful to be lost in another world.

Reading is fun and very informative as well.

At the moment classics and novels are the books that interest me the most. I have a nice collection of books. My favourties are numerous. I love all of Jane Austen's novels such as Pride and Prejudice. In addition I also consider Khalid Hosseini's books to be among my favorites.

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky, The woman in White by Wilkie Collins, The Count of Monte Cristo, The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, are among the books that I've been fortune enough to read.

Reading is one of my pleasures in life. It helps me realize that anything is possible in life. It also broadens my horizons…




And this is the second

كطالبة في المدرسة أشعر بأني عالمي يجب أن يتوسع خارج نطاق المدرسة لأن العالم لا يتمحور حول المدرسة فقط. لذا فأنا أحاول أ أطلع على ما يجري في العالم من حولي، فأنا عضوة في منتدى "أصوات الشباب" الذي ترعاه منظمة اليونيسيف. كما إني مشتركة في عدة منتديات أخرى تهتم بعرض وجهة نظر الشباب حول ما يجري في العالم. انضمامي في هذه المنتديات يجعلني أشعر أكثر بالمسؤولية حول حياتي و الخيارات التي اختارها.

أنا أحب أن أتناقش حول ما يحدث حولنا إن كان ذلك عن المشاكل البيئية التي تهدد كوكبنا، أو الحروب التي تهدد حياة الشعوب، أو عن كيف نستطيع تغيير العالم الذي نعيش فيه. أظن أن الأنسان يستطيع أن يطور الأرض دون ان يهدد حياة الكائنات التي تعيش عليها. فنحن نرى و نشعر بالمشاكل البيئية من احتباس حراري و تلوث و هذا إنما يحدث بسبب إسراف الإنسان بموارد بيئته. فإنني عندما أتناقش مع الآخرين أرى أن ذلك يجعلني على إطلاع بآراء الآخرين و وجهات نظرهم مما يدعم من قدرتي على التواصل مع الآخرين و الحوار معهم. كما إنه من الرائع التعرف على حياة الناس الذي يعيشون على بُعد آلاف الكيلومترات منا و عن عاداتهم و تقاليدهم. و أنا أيضاً أحاول أن أشارك في تعريفهم على عالمنا العربي و عاداتنا و ديننا الحنيف.

إنه من الجميل أن يشعر الإنسان أنه يحدث تغييراً للأفضل في حياته و في حياة الناس من حوله، لأن الله تعالى وضعنا على وجه الأرض حتى نعمرها، و أنا أحاول أن أضع هذا نصب أعيني دائماً.


It feels so lame, but oh well, I'm bold enough to show you so feel free to leave your comments. ;)

1 comment:

Ashok said...

I have to agree with you totally. I read Kane & Abel by Jeffrey Archer recently before which I read the Summons by John Grisham. Of Human Bondage is next on my list. The books I read were brilliant in their own right :) Its always good to see people who are so passionate about reading. Nothing gives you more value than reading and its great you have recognised it.