Friday, January 9, 2009

Gaza

I feel as if I am obliged to state my feelings for what is taking place in Gaza. It is inhuman, and I really don't understand how can these people live with themselves. Do they not watch what it is they're doing to the people of Gaza?

I can't stand watching 2 minutes of their suffer there. It is a curious thing though, I am very ready to discuss any world issue and state my feelings towards it, but when it comes to this one in particular, I just feel that I can't simply condemn what is happening there. I think I'd feel as one of the hypocrite Arabs we all hate to be. The ones with speeches, and mottoes. The ones that are satisfied with blaming politicians, and resting their consceince. I may seem too hard on them, but it most true that there are certain people who are like that. Void speeches of how Arabs once were, and how they should be united against the enemy, and those who are against Israel and the USA for what they're doing. I don't blame them for hating, but it just feels hypocrisy, how one simply talks and talks about a certain happening, I know they may have no other way since they can not end what is happening, but I just can't help it.

I don't know what I'm trying to prove by this post, it's just for me to say that I feel for these people, I am not the one to change my display picture supporting Gaza, or my status, sending emails and starting discussions about it with my friends. I don't know why I seem to myself quite fearful or doing that. The last thing I wish is to feel that I am simply doing that to show to other people how much I care about what is happening and I am not afraid to show it.
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against those who are showing their support to Gaza in every possible way. In fact I am encouraging them to keep at it since perhaps they are showing the world in their own way that there are indeed people who care about the people there and what misfortunes are taking place there. For my side, I don't know what I will be doing, perhaps I will keep at my silence about it, people differ in their ways of showing how they feel about things and I shall use my right of expressing myself the way I choose to.

It may seem as a blabbering of a teenager, and it may be for what do I know with the ways of the world? I just pray that Allah has mercy on us.

No comments: