Tuesday, July 31, 2007

One in a million - Bosson

"You're one in a million
You're once in a lifetime
You made me discover all the stars above us"
I have to admit that this song is a sweet song that has a nice beat. It must be sweet if someone you love dedicated the song for you but since I am nothing like others and my brain functions differently...
Here are my very first thoughts on the song:
This is a song that a lover would dedicate to his/her lover because of how much they mean to each other. If someone is one in a million, that means there is 6000 person out there like him/her. It is simple maths, there's 1000 million in a billion. So you do the maths. I already did them myself. Imagine telling someone you love there is 6000 version of him/her. I'd have been offended. If the "m" in "million" would be replaced by a "b" that would've been more acceptable for some. It'd mean there is only 6 versions of you in the world. If indeed we are still only 6 billions.

I like to think that there is no one out there like me, because let's face it, there isn't. So they might want to put more thought in their songs... Which is more mportant, your intentions? Or the way you translate them into actions? I understand that when they (s/he??) wrote the song they meant something good because they wanted to express how much a person means to them. They ended up sending the wrong message to me.

2 comments:

Waed S. said...

hehe...
and they say my brain is installed backwards.......

kidding :P w

Lu said...

Hahahaha, cool!
I read this post time ago but I don't know, I forgot to comment.

You're right, 'one in a million' isn't cute...