Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Happenings

So Summer is going well. I just finished reading Foundation by Iscaac Asimov, and it was a great read. I loved the book, and I'm very much looking forward to reading the rest of the Foundation books. I have to thank ViCtoria for recommending it, I wouldn't have read it if it wasn't for her, so thank you Vic!!!

We've also been watching some movies lately, some good ones I may add. I didn't think I'd like He's Just Not That Into You, but it was a really good movie as a matter of fact, they had a brilliant cast, and you're never bored because the relationships the movie is based on are very real.
We also watched The Proposal, which was also a good movie, and it was hilarious. You have to looove Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. They're great together.
And we finally got around to watch Ratatouille, it was a really nice movie. I liked it!!!

This week mom's been out of town, still is actually. So the cooking is left to us. We're not so bad, we're pretty good really. I can cook rice!! Finally! I've been wanting to learn ages ago, so I finally learned a few months back and it's nothing to it really. We also made some macaroni last night, which was yummy. Yes, we can be counted on to make lunch or dinner now, which feels awesome really.
And what else? I just keep wishing that I was sitting on a beach-chair on the beach, with an umbrella over my head, a juice on the table beside me, and of course a book in my hands, and I'd just spend the day this way. That image has been stuck in my head for a while, so I just had to let it out. It's hard to actually do that since the beach is way too hot in the afternoon, and these days everybody seems to be occupied with something, which is understandable. That's why I'm not complaining, I'm simply voicing my thoughts out loud. Next time I'm reading, I'll just imagine that I am there, and yeah.

Rock on!

That's pretty much really, I'm hoping everyone's having a nice Summer.

4 comments:

Nema said...

First of all..I LOVE your template! could you please give me the site that had it?

It's my first time in your blog..I'm glad someone's enjoying their Summer finally..people've been so depressive and annoying haha.
Reading is fun huh? I'm addicted to reading, especially poetry..I think it's a great way of spending Summer, not only do you entertain yourself, but there's always something new the book teaches you.

I can't blame you for spending your days wishing to sit before the shore, it's such a wonderful thing and I've been craving it too, especially that I won't see the beach this year..
Cook well :) it's enjoyable to learn cooking, I've been doing it since 9th grade hehe.

Good luck and have a fascinating Summer :)
Will check your blog again insha'allah.

Unknown said...

O - M - G that's the coolest template ever! Where did you get it? :D

I'm glad you're enjoying your summer, Noory! And I'm really happy you liked Foundation, Asimov is great isn't he? Did you get to read "Nightfall"? 'Cos that short story is brilliant as well!

Hopefully you'll get to go to the beach soon and enjoy your day reading! As a matter of fact, I'm going to the beach in two weeks, yaaay * Haha, I just went once during my summer (it's winter here), so I'm going up north with my mum for a couple of days. I'm not gonna be here for summer 2010 as I'll be in the US, where it'll be freezing :( So yeah!

Anyways, lots of looove! I have to reaaad, darn. Haha smiles!*

Mohammad said...

I'm glad you're enjoying your summer, Noor, but the summer is still way too long. Keep your optimism a couple of months and you'd be my role model for positivity :)

Ashok said...

Nice new template :) Rice, eh? Not bad, not bad at all. I am mighty impressed! Your dreams will come true, don't worry. Hang in there and stay the way you are, everything will work out just fine kid :)