This is somewhat a follow-up post for my friend Ruqaiya's post about social networking. I'll be focusing more about facebookers because they're the ones who truly get on my nerves sometimes, while tweeps are easier to ignore and they're not half as annoying as facebookers.
1. Stop with the annoying statuses, and that includes lame quotes about lost love, gloating over a lovely day spent with certain friends trying to make us all feel jealous of your busy life, expressing how sad and/or bored you are, vague sentences that scream the want of comments asking about the how/why/what it is you were VAGUELY aiming at.
2. Endless tags, and unless you're tagging me for something seriously cool or to wish me a Happy Eid then don't tag me at all please.
3. Those applications that always post something, fortune cookie, luck, love life, your mood, etc. are a waste of cyber space. Avoid them!
4. Profile pictures with Angelina Jolie, Tamer Hosni or that Turkish actor who is no longer popular should be banned. They only say how 2008 you are. I don't mind the fact that you choose not to put a picture of yourself, but at least put a nice one.
5. Stop thinking that you need to share all aspects of your life on facebook, it's all so very needy and lame.
6. Stop with the shameless flirting.
7. STOP and I repeat STOP with all those hints that you're in love, all those lines from songs that are all about how much you've been betrayed. First off it's awkward, and it's highly suspicious!
8. If you're a teenager, and by that I mean you're still 14, don't put a relationship status saying you're in a relationship. It's seriously disturbing.
And last but not least, social networking is all about staying in touch not living in your own little world, so stop it! Whatever it is you're doing just stop and be yourself. ;)
PS: I'm bored, and I had to get that out!