Thursday, April 1, 2010

They want to be scientists!


It is the simplest thing in the world. What do you want to be when you grow up? They had a ready answer, or I should say answers. They want to be scientist.

As I tried explaining that there is actually no major that makes you a "scienitist", I thought why ruin their dream? Why complicate things for them when everything is so easy and simple. They're 10 year-olds, and their future is no big deal for them because there are so many things they want to do with their lives.

Talking to them made me wonder, did I know what I wanted to be when I was younger? Did I even have unrealistic wishes? Those that kids have like wanting to be a model or an astronaut? Or was I too busy playing and didn't have any goals?
And I still don't know what I want to do with my life. Engineering seems like the safe option right now, but I, too, want to be a scientist!!!

No comments: