Friday, March 26, 2010

*And I'll find a way

And how fast can I go blabbering in 5 minutes about what's happening lately. It's 12:43 am and I'll stop at 12:48 am and see how far I can get.

We've had a couple of days off now, we went shopping! I almost forgot the joy of shopping because it's been so long since I went on a shopping spree. I got a really beautiful dress and Amazing shoes. Like seriously! And of course I got some books. I have no idea how can I stop buying books till I can catch up with the stack that's waiting for me. The good thing though is that it only gets more excited about reading, which is a bad thing too because I seriously can't afford to read that much nowadays, I need to go back do some serious studying for the 2nd semester but I don't feel like it much, hopefully after this weekend it'll get better and I can realize the seriousness of the situation and how far behind we are to get going.
And it's just been mom's day and all I did for my mom is wish her a happy Mother's Day. At our family I guess it's hard showing a lot of emotions (Edit 1: on second thought, it's probably just me, cuz my parents have been showing their love and affection this year a lot, and my sisters are great at that too but I guess I'm thinking we should be like those who say "I love you" with every hello and goodbye. It's just not like that) and I know that's not a good excuse for not at least telling her how much I loved her, but now having read someone saying how wonderful their mom is it just makes me feel guilty at how I can't seem to show my appreciation for having my mom around and for her being just who she is.

12:48am.
Should I go on? Well, it's just a touchy subject really, and try as I may I can't even put what I feel about it in words which is perhaps why I hardly, if ever, address it. I used to feel sorry for those who can't actually express their feelings and show how much they loved their family or such, but I'm realizing more and more that it also doesn't say much at the end of the day, it's mostly about how you treat them and the things you do for them. Right?

:)
*Post title is irrelevant.
PS: Do ignore the mistakes that are made is this post, whether grammatical, or whatever. My English isn't exactly at its peak at the moment. Don't hate.
Edit 2: Gosh, this final year at school actually got to me and I let it, I've become less of an optimist, and I hate that. Life is beautiful even though I have tonnes of things to do for tomorrow and I'm wasting time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I just LOVE personal updates! It's like stalking celebs. LOL!

What you say at the end of the post is so very true, Noory Noor :) But what do you mean with your family members not been very open about your feelings? That can be something you can explore more later on, when you have the time, of course!

I've been doing a lot of self-analysis of my own, but of course I'm WAY behind on my readings for college and stuff (MUAHAHA, I'm such a rebel, you know)..

Anyway, remember you have all my <3 from Peru!*

Smiiiles!*

Noor said...

Thank you for ur comment Vic!
Actually, I think I was just talking about me and showing my feelings, its the damn teenage years, im supposed to get over that seriously but it's kind of hard going to mom and just saying I love you mom.
I guess that's mostly in the American culture, which is good for them but we Arabs show our love differently I guess.

It's not that bad though. I was simply talking about showing appreciation, but I had a hard time conveying the message.
<3