Friday, October 30, 2015

The quiet after the storm

I’m soft where people expect to find an edge. Like a quiet stream of water when you need a raging, angry ocean. I am but a disappointing breeze that failed to become the storm you were waiting for.
I’m only the spark of a candle but you’re looking for a volcano to erupt and burn everything.

I can be the balm that heals you after a storm. But darling, I can’t be the storm. You don't want to heal, you’re looking for a war. You’re looking for bruises and scars to show that you’ve lived and struggled and survived.

Be careful what you wish for, you’ll get the bruises and some broken bones as well. Life will break you. It breaks us all. You’ll wear your scars like medals on your chest.
You survived. You may limp but you're still breathing. You're still alive. You'll keep pushing the edge. But you'll always know when to stop.

But I can't be the one to start the war, I can only pray for it to end. I can only give the quiet after the storm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone claims to have witnessed hardship and pain. Making them unique but darling they are nothing but fakes. All anyone truly needs is a quiet whisper in the ears saying it's going to be Ok and a tap on the shoulder "don't worry! I'm here". That's all one needs truly. Someone to be there and not someone who's seen war but someone who's ready to wait for you.

Bird

deeps said...

thats poetic

Nema said...

I don't think I ever read this. Shame on me. Amazing.